This is my favorite recipe for so many reasons. If you love fresh, scratch-made meals, you will love this! My husband goes head-over-heels for this meal and I hope you all do, too! It’s superb with home made pasta, too!
Scratch-Made Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
Yield: 5-6 servings
Prep time: 30 min.
Total time: 4.5 hours
Fresh Roma Tomatoes| 10 to 12
Freshly Chopped Basil| 2 Tbsp
Freshly Chopped Oregano | 1 Tbsp
Sweet Onion| Cut in half.
Chili Powder | 1 Tsp
Brown Sugar | 1 Tbsp
Bay Leaves | 2
Water| ½ Cup
Cooked Ground Beef | 1 – 1 ½ Lbs.
Olive Oil | 1 Tbsp
Butter| 2 Tbsp.
Garlic Cloves| 2 (crushed)
Salt and Pepper | To taste. (I add about a Tsp of each.)
*This recipe produces a thinner sauce. If you like yours more thick and hearty, add a 6 oz. can of tomato paste.
- Brown your ground beef and strain the fat.
- Peel your tomatoes (You can do this by placing them in rapid boiling water for about 2 minutes and tossing them in ice cold water. The skin should peel right off.)
- Coarsely chop your peeled tomatoes and place in slow cooker.
- Cut your onion in half and place one half into the slow cooker. (You can also chop it up and add it that way.)
- Add the rest of your ingredients and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the onion, (unless you decided to chop it and add it in)
- Enjoy your delicious meal!