2 cups of flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 cup of butter (I use salted, I like my crust a little savory to balance out flavors, but you could use unsalted)
1/4 cup ice water
1 egg yolk
1. Sift the flour and salt together.
2. Quickly rub small pieces of the cold butter into the flour mixture until it’s all crumbled up in small peices. (I used a pastry blender, but you could use your fingers)
3. Slowly incorporate the ice water until a ball of dough forms.
4. Cut the dough in half and form two patties.
5. Place one patty between two pieces of wax paper and roll with a rolling pin until you get a 12 in. Diameter circle.
6. Turn into pie pan. Press down and trim the edges off.
7. Roll out the top crust the same way, but place it in the fridge until ready for use.
5-7 apples (I LOVE using honey crisp!)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Allspice
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
1. Preheat oven to 425° f
2. In a bowl, mix the sugars, spices, and salt.
3. Cut apples into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. (I like to keep the skin on, but you can totally peel them)
4. Coat the apples in the sugar mixture.
5. Put the apples in the pie pan, on top of the bottom crust.
6. Cut the cold butter into little squares and “dot” all over the apples.
7. Brush some water on the edge of the bottom crust so it adheres to the top crust.
8. Place the top crust on, pinching to seal. Make sure to add ventilation holes, or you can cut out cute shapes(:
9. To glaze, mix the egg yolks with a tbsp of water and brush all over the top before placing in the oven.
10. Bake for 40-50 minutes (until top is golden brown and the apples are soft.)
Remove the pie and allow to cool before eating, ENJOY!!❤
Note- cover the edge with tin foil to keep the ends from burning, I always skip this step and end up burning the edge, but it still tastes great, so I dont mind😂)